Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Path Of Tebow

     Personally I don't care about Tim Tebow.  To me, he is a Closeau like figure that succeeds in spite of his own ineptitude.  No matter how hard John Elway tries to get rid of Jacques Closeau, er, Tim Tebow, something strangely Pink Panther esque happens.  If Tebow is anything, he is a maddening paradigm for football purists everywhere.  He has difficulty throwing the football and making reads but yet, he won a playoff game.  Maybe my indifference towards Tebow is based more on his over exuberant declarations of faith more than anything.  Tebow wins a playoff game... he thanks God.  I was actually surprised that he didn't thank god for allowing him to enjoy Super Bowl week.  Under reported was the fact that Tebow was walking around Indy like a wide eyed kid just weeks after getting his head handed to him by Belichick and the Patriots.  My hope is two fold.  I hope that Tebow actually BECOMES a quarterback.  Not just a quarterback.  A LEGITIMATE quarterback.  If he could actually bring anything to his given position, perhaps the anti Tebow sentiment wouldn't be as fierce as it is now.  If he could become a QB perhaps his declarations of faith would be treated by me with subtle eye rolls and not full on vomiting attacks.  So either two things will happen with young Mister Tebow.  Either John Elway will actually turn him into a quarterback or...... the Belichicks of the world will correctly identify Tebows' QB related deficiencies and he will be shown the door by the NFL.  And then Tim can go back to the happy happy moral superiority of Christianity behind closed doors and the rest of us can exhale.  Either that or the curtain will be pulled back and Tebow will be exposed as a moral hypocrite.  How many times have you seen men of god tumble like Humpty Dumpty from the heights of religious sanctity?  I have no doubt that Tebow will be one of them.  For starters, he likes the limelight and that is the shortest path to temptation.  Not even a so called man of God is immune to the trappings of fame.  So that's what I'm waiting for I guess.  I'm waiting for Tebow to be exposed as a runner with a limited quarterback IQ or I'm waiting for him to sin.  Can you imagine if Christianity's ultimate PR machine goes astray?  Oh, what a delicious moment that would be.  Now if you'll excuse me... it's time for some Tebowing.

1 comment:

Jack said...

"Delicious moment" for a lot of us.........